Game Keeper and Boy Ferreting a Rabbit
- ca. 1828
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (26.7 x 19.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "[...]"
Signed in graphite in pen and brown ink, lower center: "J.F. Lewis"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | donkey | genre subject | hunting | rabbits | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, Game Keeper and Boy Ferreting a Rabbit, ca. 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.