Game Keeper and Boy Ferreting a Rabbit
- ca. 1828
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (26.7 x 19.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "[...]"
Signed in graphite in pen and brown ink, lower center: "J.F. Lewis"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | donkey | genre subject | hunting | rabbits | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, Game Keeper and Boy Ferreting a Rabbit, ca. 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.