John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, Gray Mare and a Chestnut Foal, 1846
Gray Mare and a Chestnut Foal
- Watercolor, white gouache and graphite with scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 16 1/4 inches (28.9 x 41.3 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower right: "J.F.Lewis | 1846"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | foals | horses (animals) | mare | stables | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.