William Joy, 1803–1867, British, A British Frigate Dropping Anchor, undated
A British Frigate Dropping Anchor
- Watercolor with scraping and gum on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 12 1/2in. (21.3 x 31.8cm) and Sheet: 8 3/8 × 12 1/2 inches (21.3 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | frigate | marine art | masts | ocean | ships | Union Jack
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.