- A Head Keeper, Windsor Castle, 1826
- Black chalk, red chalk, conté, graphite and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches (28.6 x 21 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "3111"
Collector's mark: "SCIPIO"; Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed and dated in graphite, bottom right: "J.F.L. Oct. 12 1826".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | figure study | guns | keepers | man | top hat | whistle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, A Head Keeper, Windsor Castle, 1826, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.