- A Street Scene in Granada on the Day of the Bullfight
- Watercolor, white gouache, black chalk, red chalk, graphite and gum with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 11 3/8 inches (43.2 x 28.9 cm)
Signed in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "J.F. Lewis | 183[ . . . ]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottle | costume | dogs (animals) | genre subject | horses (animals) | men | streets | wine | women
- Associated Places:
- Granada | Spain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Frederick Lewis, 1804–1876, British, A Street Scene in Granada on the Day of the Bullfight, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.