- Design for a Country House
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor on smooth, thick, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 25 5/8 inches (21.9 × 65.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 141"; in graphite, left: "(James Lewis, attrib. to)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | design
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Lewis, 1751–1820, British, Design for a Country House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.