Looking towards Ryde, Isle of Wight
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium,smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 11 5/8 inches (12.7 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed on cream paper mounted with drawing, in pen and black ink: "Toward Ryde Cowes Point | Sketched from a boat | Sea View | (-before breakfast-) | with. 13 x 15 x 6 x | very cold!"; inscribed in graphite: "4196" Inscribed on blue paper, mounted with drawing, in pen and back ink: "Out in a boat one very cold | morning. Sea View 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coast | landscape | seascape | shoreline
- Associated Places:
- England | Isle of Wight | Ryde | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Lindsay, 1793–1861, British, Looking towards Ryde, Isle of Wight, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.