Looking towards Ryde, Isle of Wight
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium,smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 11 5/8 inches (12.7 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed on cream paper mounted with drawing, in pen and black ink: "Toward Ryde Cowes Point | Sketched from a boat | Sea View | (-before breakfast-) | with. 13 x 15 x 6 x | very cold!"; inscribed in graphite: "4196" Inscribed on blue paper, mounted with drawing, in pen and back ink: "Out in a boat one very cold | morning. Sea View 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coast | landscape | seascape | shoreline
- Associated Places:
- England | Isle of Wight | Ryde | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Lindsay, 1793–1861, British, Looking towards Ryde, Isle of Wight, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.