Design for a Castellated Entrance
- Pen and black and brown ink, watercolor on slightly textured, medium, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 9/16 × 22 3/4 inches (31.9 × 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Design for a Park Entrance"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Keeper"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Keeper"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "AD 581"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J Kemshead | 1808"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Kempshead, active 1808, Design for a Castellated Entrance, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.