Plan for Entrance at Hinton St. George
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor, pen and brown ink on moderately textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper bar scale of 1/10 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 22 13/16 × 18 3/8 inches (57.9 × 46.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "The Right Hon.ble Earl Poulett | Plan for Entrance | Hinton St. George"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "10" to "100 feet"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower center: "Mr Kempsheads Drawings"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Mr Kempsheads Drawings"; in graphite, upper left: "AD 582"
Watermarks: J WHATMAN | 1807 | BEN (similar to Shorter: 206)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "March 1812 | JK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Kempshead, active 1808, Plan for Entrance at Hinton St. George, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.