- Plan for Entrance at Hinton St. George
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor, pen and brown ink on moderately textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper bar scale of 1/10 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 22 13/16 × 18 3/8 inches (57.9 × 46.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "The Right Hon.ble Earl Poulett | Plan for Entrance | Hinton St. George"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "10" to "100 feet"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower center: "Mr Kempsheads Drawings"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Mr Kempsheads Drawings"; in graphite, upper left: "AD 582"
Watermarks: J WHATMAN | 1807 | BEN (similar to Shorter: 206)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "March 1812 | JK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Kempshead, active 1808, Plan for Entrance at Hinton St. George, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.