- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 9 1/8 inches (15.9 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Netley Abbey"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J . Linnell 1810"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | building | church | landscape | monastery | ruins | vines | windows | woods
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | Netley | Netley Abbey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.