- Black and white chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 6 7/8 inches (12.1 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Folkstone"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Linnell"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | city | coastline | fishing | landscape | ocean | seaport | town | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- England | Folkestone | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.