IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Henry Hunt, 1790–1864, British, Backyard of a Cottage, ca. 1817
Backyard of a Cottage
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 11 x 14 1/8 inches (27.9 x 35.9 cm), Sheet: 9 3/8 x 12 1/2 inches (23.8 x 31.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | architectural subject | barrels | bonnet | chickens | children | cottage | doorway | feeding | fence | genre subject | girl | house | outbuildings | rear yards | tree | watching | yard
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.