A Fallen Oak
- ca. 1815
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, rough, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 21 inches (37.1 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "18"; in brown crayon, on back, upper center: "From collection of Richard Barnes | author of 'Chats on Old English Drawings'"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | branches | landscape | rocks (landforms) | tree | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to William Henry Hunt, 1790–1864, British, A Fallen Oak, ca. 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.