A Fallen Oak
- ca. 1815
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, rough, beige, wove paper
- 14 5/8 x 21 inches (37.1 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "18"; in brown crayon, on back, upper center: "From collection of Richard Barnes | author of 'Chats on Old English Drawings'"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | branches | dead | field | landscape | oaks | rocks (landforms) | sitting | tree | trees | trunk
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to William Henry Hunt, 1790–1864, British, A Fallen Oak, ca. 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.