IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Henry Hunt, 1790–1864, British, A Boy Writing, ca. 1830
A Boy Writing
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 4 1/8 x 4 inches (10.5 x 10.2 cm), Sheet: 3 x 3 inches (7.6 x 7.6 cm)
signed in brown ink, lower left: "W. HUNT"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | education | genre subject | notebook | pen | practicing | student | studying | thoughtful | writing (processes)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.