- Head of a Man
- Black chalk, red chalk, and white chalk on medium, moderately textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/8 x 11 1/8in. (42.9 x 28.3cm) and Sheet: 16 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (42.9 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "31"; in red chalk, upper right: "5"
Watermarks: Fleur-de-lis, in crowned circle (early 18th Century)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aristocrat | figure study | head | man | portrait | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Sir Godfrey Kneller, 1646–1723, German, active in Britain (from 1676), Head of a Man, 1732
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.