Interior of the Belfry, Bushey Church
- ca. 1822
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 16 7/8 x 13 inches (42.9 x 33 cm) and Sheet: 14 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (36.5 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back: "301 | from Lord Northwick's Collection"; in graphite: "Lot 139; Identified as Bushey on June 25th 1925 | by Dr. Guillmard S.G. & T.G."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | belfry | boy | church | columns | gate | interior | man | rope | stained glass | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Bushey | England | Europe | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Henry Hunt, 1790–1864, British, Interior of the Belfry, Bushey Church, ca. 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.