- Scene in Kent
- Black chalk and white chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue-gray wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 11 1/2 x 17 1/8 inches (29.2 x 43.5 cm) and Sheet: 9 x 12 1/4 inches (22.9 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No. 7"; in graphite, lower center: "Scene in Kent [...] a Lake scene"; in graphite, lower right: "Y [?Young]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | cottages | docks | fences | fishing | lake | landscape | mountains | river | sailboats | sailing | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Scene in Kent, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.