John Baverstock Knight, 1785–1859, British, Tilly Whim Cave, Dorset, undated
Tilly Whim Cave, Dorset
- Watercolor over graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.3 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite: "Tilly Whym".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | cliff | coast | landscape | sea
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Isle of Purbeck | Tilly Whim Caves | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.