IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Baverstock Knight, 1785–1859, British, Tilly Whim Cave, Dorset, undated
Tilly Whim Cave, Dorset
- Watercolor over graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.3 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite: "Tilly Whym".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | cliff | coast | landscape | sea
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Isle of Purbeck | Tilly Whim Caves | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.