- Mary, Queen of Scots, Embarking
- between 1785 and 1790
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 3/4 inches (30.8 x 45.1 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper right: "17 3/4 x 12"; in graphite lower left: "Mary, Queen of Scots, Embarking"
Signed in graphite lower left: "William Locke of Norbury"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | boats | dresses | hats | helmets | historical subject | lances | men | swords | women
- Associated People:
- Mary [Mary Stewart] (1542–1587), queen of Scots
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Lock II, 1767–1847, British, Mary, Queen of Scots, Embarking, between 1785 and 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.