A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Culdooch
- Graphite, watercolor, pen and black ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 23 1/4 × 34 1/4 inches (59.1 × 87 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "CULDOOCH'; in pen and black ink, upper right: "NETHERTHIRD"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "JURDILAND"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "BLACKSTOCKARTON"; in pen and black ink, left: "BORELAND"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plots numbered and some laels given; in pen and black ink, upper left: "RIVER DEE"; in pen and black ink, bar scale labeled: "Scale of chains of 74 feet each" and "0" to "10"
Watermark:(not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill) JAMES WHATMAN TURKEY MILL KENT/ 1809
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Culdooch, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.