Landscape with Courting Couple
- Watercolor and gum over graphite and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 12 1/4 inches (22.3 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso of mount, upper left: "J 5385"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "J.Martin. August. | 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- couple | courting | embrace | field | genre subject | landscape | love | lovers | man | mountains | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Landscape with Courting Couple, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.