Landscape with Courting Couple
- Watercolor and gum over graphite and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- 8 3/4 x 12 1/4 inches (22.3 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso of mount, upper left: "J 5385"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "J.Martin. August. | 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- couple | courting | embrace | field | genre subject | landscape | love | lovers | man | mountains | trees | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Landscape with Courting Couple, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.