IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Shadrach, Meshack and Abed-Nego before Nebuchadnezzar, undated
Shadrach, Meshack and Abed-Nego before Nebuchadnezzar
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "19"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archways | bowing | crown | cult images | guards | horns | kings (people) | men | Old Testament | prophets | religious and mythological subject | sculpture | shields | spears | standing | statue | throne | worship
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.