Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Shadrach, Meshack and Abed-Nego before Nebuchadnezzar, undated
Shadrach, Meshack and Abed-Nego before Nebuchadnezzar
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "19"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archways | bowing | crown | cult images | guards | horns | kings (people) | men | Old Testament | prophets | religious and mythological subject | sculpture | shields | spears | standing | statue | throne | worship
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.