- Daniel in the Den of Lions
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bones | caves | figures | lion's den | lions | man | Old Testament | prophets | punishing | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | skulls
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Daniel in the Den of Lions, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.