Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, The Death of Ananias, undated
The Death of Ananias
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "21"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostles | coins | condemnation | criticism | death | gifts | New Testament
- Associated People:
Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.