Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, The Conversion of Saul, undated
The Conversion of Saul
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, graphite, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "23"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | baptizing | blindness | Conversion of Saul | falling | horse (animal) | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | roads
- Associated People:
- Saul of Tarsus
Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.