Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Feeding the Five Thousand, undated
Feeding the Five Thousand
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, white gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "14"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostles | baskets | baskets | bread | bread | cliffs | disciples | feeding | fish | halo | landscape | miracle | mountains | New Testament | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.