Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, The Pool of Bethesda, undated
The Pool of Bethesda
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, white gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "11"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | Bible | crutches | disabled | miracles | mountains | New Testament | pool | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.