IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Mountainous Landscape with Figures and a Rock Above a Lake, undated
Mountainous Landscape with Figures and a Rock Above a Lake
- Brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 6 1/8 inches (10.8 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, lower right: "1890.4 | 22 (encircled)"
Collector's mark, verso: Yale University Art Gallery (Lugt 2667c)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cliffs | figures | lake | landscape | men | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.