- The Assumption
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 5 inches (16.5 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink and graphite, lower right: "Medina [...]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark; collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Catholicism | clouds | halo | Mary's death, assumption and coronation (sometimes some of the 'daughters of the Hebrews' present) | religious and mythological subject | robes
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Baptist Medina, 1655–60–1710, British, The Assumption, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.