IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Baptist Medina, 1655–60–1710, British, The Assumption, undated
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 5 inches (16.5 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink and graphite, lower right: "Medina [...]"
Collector's mark, verso: Dr. John Percy (Lugt 1504); collector's mark: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Catholicism | clouds | halo | Mary's death, assumption and coronation (sometimes some of the 'daughters of the Hebrews' present) | religious and mythological subject | robes
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.