Preparatory drawing for Design 15, Plate 12 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 7 3/8 inches (11.7 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4"
Watermark: mount: Fleur-de-Lis with R & E (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural design | Architectural rendering | architectural subject | balcony | buttresses, setback | cottage | country house | crenelations | design drawing | dog (animal) | door | finials | Gothic arches | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | lancet windows | lancets | men | mullions | preparatory drawing | railings | roofs | steps | tracery | Tracery (Architecture) | trees | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 15, Plate 12 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.