- Preparatory drawing for Design 1, Plate 1 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 7 9/16 inches (13 × 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Bow"
Watermark on mount: Portion of Fleur-de-Lis with R & E
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | Architectural design | Architectural rendering | architectural subject | blind arches | building | country house | design drawing | house | mullions | preparatory drawing | Romanesque Revival | trees | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 1, Plate 1 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.