IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 1, Plate 1 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
Preparatory drawing for Design 1, Plate 1 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 7 9/16 inches (13 × 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Bow"
Watermark on mount: Portion of Fleur-de-Lis with R & E
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | Architectural design | Architectural rendering | architectural subject | blind arches | building | country house | design drawing | house | mullions | preparatory drawing | Romanesque Revival | trees | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.