Preparatory drawing for Designs 5 and 6, Plate 3 from A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 8 5/8in. (26.2 x 21.9cm) and Sheet: 10 3/8 × 7 5/8 inches (26.4 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "4"
Watermark: (similar to Churchill 415)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country houses | houses
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Designs 5 and 6, Plate 3 from A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.