Preparatory drawing for Designs 5 and 6, Plate 3 from A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 8 5/8in. (26.2 x 21.9cm) and Sheet: 10 3/8 × 7 5/8 inches (26.4 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "4"
Watermark: (similar to Churchill 415)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country houses | houses
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Designs 5 and 6, Plate 3 from A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.