- Preparatory drawing for Designs 7 and 8, Plate 5 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, pink laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 x 7 13/16in. (23.2 x 19.8cm) and Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 3/4 inches (23.2 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "narrow the frieze"
Watermark on mount: Fleur-de-Lis with R & E (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country houses | houses
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Designs 7 and 8, Plate 5 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.