Preparatory drawing for Design 24, Plate 27 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Graphite and pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, pink and cream laid paper laid mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 8 1/16in. (25.1 x 20.5cm) and Sheet: 9 7/8 × 8 1/8 inches (25.1 × 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "Tea & [...] room"; lower right: "Milking Shed | [...] room"
Watermark on mount: Fleur-de-Lis with R & E (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- country house | dome | retreat | rural | sketch
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 24, Plate 27 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.