- Winchester Tower, Windsor Castle
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 inches (18.1 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left:"Winchester Tower Wind"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "[...] Malton del."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barrels (containers) | buildings | cart | castle | cityscape | crenelations | horses (animals) | keep | men | people | ramparts | tower (building division) | walls | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Malton, 1726–1801, British, Winchester Tower, Windsor Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.