- The Great Courtyard of Carlton House
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 18 15/16 inches (32.7 × 48.1 cm) and Mount: 17 3/4 × 23 7/8 inches (45.1 × 60.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center of mount: "The Great Courtyard of Carlton House." | "T. MALTON." Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "95" Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "1/4 gold" | "clean all" <(...)> | "PM Vofsbock" | "7" | "57" | <...>
Signed in graphite, lower left on mount: "T. Malton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Malton, 1726–1801, British, The Great Courtyard of Carlton House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.