IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir John Everett Millais, 1829–1896, British, A Woman Bowed in Grief, ca. 1857
A Woman Bowed in Grief
- ca. 1857
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 3 7/8 inches (9.8 × 9.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite upper left: "D1246/ | Sir J.E. Millais PRA 1829-1896 | Ex Coll Randall Davies. | LGD"; in graphite lower left: "<3 1/2 x 3> < . . . >"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | grief | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.