Stained Glass Study, Water Plant with Grasshoper, Fish and Newt
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 2 1/2 inches (14.3 x 6.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "28"; in graphite lower center: "D. 1464 (a)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | botanical subject | fish | grasshopper | newt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir John Everett Millais, 1829–1896, British, Stained Glass Study, Water Plant with Grasshoper, Fish and Newt, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.