- Design for Monument to Captain Hardinge
- Graphite, watercolor, gray wash, pen and black ink on smooth, medium, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 17 3/4 inches (38.7 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "An Indian contemplating the loss of his galland defender, While Fame lies prostrate on the name of Hardinge"
Watermark: Ruse & Turners 1806 (similar to Heywood 2774, name only)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Cha.s Manning Inv.t 1810" | 91 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Sq.r"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | monument
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Manning, 1776–1812, Design for Monument to Captain Hardinge, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.