The Ionic Order, after Palladio
- Gray washes, yellow watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 21 × 13 1/4 inches (53.3 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "No. 6 (6 inscribed in brown ink) | The Ionic Order, after Palladio. 16th Century" (16th Century inscribed in brown ink); [many architectural inscriptions throughout composition]; inscribed on verso in pen and black and brown ink, upper center: "A. G. Humfrey Jones - from Lucy E Mark daughter of Edward W. Mark, artist of these | 8 studies in architecture. He was H.B.M. Consul at Marseilles"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "given to A. Geraldine Humfrey Jones."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Walhouse Mark, 1817–1895, The Ionic Order, after Palladio, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.