IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir John Everett Millais, 1829–1896, British, Study for the Head of Ferdinand in "Ferdinand Lured by Ariel", 1849
Study for the Head of Ferdinand in "Ferdinand Lured by Ariel"
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches (17.5 x 13 cm)
Signed in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "JE Millais | 1849"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- portrait | The Tempest, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.