Ambulatory, Westminster Abbey
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 9 1/8 × 12 5/8 inches (23.2 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Here | lie the Bodies | of Storer and Greig.
Signed in graphite, lower center: "F Nash"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | ambulatory | arches | architectural subject | blind arches | chapel | church | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic churches | Gothic interior decoration | interior (space) | mullions | niches | people | pillars | rib vaults | rose windows | tombs | vaulted ceilings
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Westminster | Westminster Abbey
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Nash, 1782–1856, British, Ambulatory, Westminster Abbey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.