Ambulatory, Westminster Abbey
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 12 5/8 inches (23.2 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Here | lie the Bodies | of Storer and Greig.
Signed in graphite, lower center: "F Nash"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | ambulatory | arches | architectural subject | blind arches | chapel | church | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic churches | Gothic interior decoration | interior (space) | mullions | niches | people | pillars | rib vaults | rose windows | tombs | vaulted ceilings
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Westminster | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Nash, 1782–1856, British, Ambulatory, Westminster Abbey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.