- Rock Bridge at the Scuola di Virgilio
- Gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 7 3/8 inches (13 × 18.7 cm) and Mount: 6 3/8 × 8 3/4 inches (16.2 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: " A Rock between Naples & Pozzuoli/ near to Rd [...] Label [...]."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "W Marlow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | boat | bridge (built work) | buildings | landforms | landscape | rocks (landforms) | rocks (landforms) | rowboat | Tower | water
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Europe | Italia | Napoli | Posíllipo
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Marlow, 1740–1813, British, Rock Bridge at the Scuola di Virgilio, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.