IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Peter Monamy, 1681–1749, British, A Squadron at Anchor, undated
A Squadron at Anchor
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 11 15/16 inches (18.7 × 30.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Monimy"
Watremarks: GR (similar to Churchil 214); collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | fleet | marine art | military art | sea | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.