Low Flying Spitfires over Trees
- Gray wash and graphite with white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 × 17 3/8 inches (31.4 × 44.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower right: "27"
E.J. Monnington collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- airplanes | aviation | field | fighters | military art | road | sky | stream | trees | World War 1939-1945
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Walter Thomas Monnington, 1902–1976, British, Low Flying Spitfires over Trees, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.