Sir Walter Thomas Monnington, 1902–1976, British, Low Flying Spitfires over Trees, undated
Low Flying Spitfires over Trees
- Gray wash and graphite with white chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 × 17 3/8 inches (31.4 × 44.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower right: "27"
E.J. Monnington collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- airplanes | aviation | field | fighters | military art | road | sky | stream | trees | World War 1939-1945
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.