- A Gypsy Encampment
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 9/16in. (24.1 x 34.4cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 13 5/8 inches (24.1 × 34.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "O. Oakley | The Home of R [...] gent"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "O. Oakley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camps (temporary settlements) | genre subject | gypsy | tent structure | trees | wagon
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Octavius Oakley, 1800–1867, British, A Gypsy Encampment, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.