Venus and Adonis
- Gray wash, graphite, and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 7 9/16 x 8 13/16 inches (19.2 x 22.4 cm) and 7 3/8 × 8 3/4 inches (18.7 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink lower right: "Titiano Invenit"
Signed and dated in blue ink, upper right: "1631 | P. Olivier.| F.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armband | dogs (animals) | dove | embracing | hunter | leashes | love | man | nude | religious and mythological subject | women
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Paul Mellon's Legacy : A Passion for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 2007-04-18 - 2007-07-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Drawing in England from Hilliard to Hogarth (Yale Center for British Art, 1987-09 - 1987-11-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Drawing in England from Hilliard to Hogarth (British Museum, 1987-06-17 - 1987-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Paul Mellon's Legacy, a passion for British art. [large print labels] , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, v. 2, N5220 M552 +P381 2007, Mellon Shelf (YCBA) [YCBA]