- A Woman Seated and Holding an Image
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 2 15/16 × 3 11/16 inches (7.5 × 9.4 cm)
Inscribed on mount, in pen and brown ink, lower center; "P. Oliver"; on verso, on mount in pen and brown ink, lower center: "P. Oliver - born 1601 dyed 1660"; in graphite, lower right: "G A 16 Febr 17364"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "E King Colln | 1808 | P"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | robes | statuette | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Oliver, 1589–1647, British, A Woman Seated and Holding an Image, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.