Leda and the Swan
- Brown wash, graphite, gouache, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 6 1/2 × 8 3/8 inches (16.5 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "4499 and L.R.: 4499/ Isaac/ Oliver/ Ex. Coll./ Sir T. Lawrence"; inscribed in pen and black ink on mount lower center: "The man from whom/ bought this, said that he cut the mount because there was an old inscription upon it, "J Olliver", which he/ thought would be detrimental to the drawing - T. E. Lowinsky -"; on verso in graphite, upper center: "4499/ Isaac. Oliver"
Collector's mark: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curtain | lust | nudes | putti | religious and mythological subject | swan | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Paul Mellon's Legacy : A Passion for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 2007-04-18 - 2007-07-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Paul Mellon's Legacy, a passion for British art. [large print labels] , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, v. 2, N5220 M552 +P381 2007, Mellon Shelf (YCBA) [YCBA]