- The Wreck of the Apollo Frigate, 1803
- Gray wash and white gouache with pen and black ink on very thick, smooth, cream wove card
- Sheet: 14 × 10 3/8 inches (35.6 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Wreck of the Apollo Story of the Sea"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "W.H. Overend"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor (watercraft equipment) | blocks, pulley | bow (vehicle component) | cable | figurehead | frigate | marine art | raft | sailors | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William H. Overend, 1851–1898, The Wreck of the Apollo Frigate, 1803, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.